I thought it was about time for another sweet smoothie on the blog.
The previous smoothy I posted is a full on health bomb, packed with iron, protein and detoxifying ability! It is a green smoothy, with chili and apple cider vinegar as the flavor enhancers. If you like non-sweet smoothies with a kick of green chili, then check that one out.
However on the sweet side of things – for some relief from all the green I wanted to make a creamy treat kind of smoothy. And while I was at it, I decided to experiment with the power of coconut oil, to give you a bonus Smoothie Parfait from the leftovers!
It goes like this. You make the smoothy. Then you put aside two ramekins worth, and combine this with extra melted coconut oil and honey. Pour into ramekins and pop into the fridge. Enjoy the smoothy through the day, and take out the two ramekins of smoothie parfait for dessert in the evening.
If you use coconut oil a lot, you will know how it solidifies under low temperatures. This makes it a great setting agent for things like fruit mousse and easy fruit ‘parfaits’! One of my all time favorite recipes on the blog is this Tamarillo Mousse. SO good! And so easy.
Anyways, back to the present. If you want to have more smoothie to drink, and more ramekins of parfait, double the recipe.
If you just want the smoothie, skip adding the extra coconut oil and honey. If you just want the parfaits, then simply add approximately 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and one teaspoon of honey per ramekin of parfait.
Papaya & Coconut Smoothie ParfaitPrint This
- 2 cups peeled papaya
- 1 peeled banana
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes for garnish
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil + 2 teaspoons honey (if you want to make the parfait)
- Combine all ingredients and blend.
- Set aside two ramekins worth of smoothie.
- Melt 4 tablespoons coconut oil, add to the left over smoothie and stir well.
- Pour into two ramekins and set to chill in the refrigerator.
- And there you go! A massive and yummy smoothie, and two ramekins of healthy papaya parfait for dessert tonight. : )
If you do not want to make the parfait, skip steps 2-4.
Pin to save