More potato cubes!
I have another recipe for Spicy Sweet Potato Cubes which is very similar. I like that recipe for sweet potato so much – that I decided to tweak it for regular potatoes.
Cuz I mean potatoes are the best right. But when ever I make potatoes, I do feel like I need to do something different. I mean the average person has probably eaten boiled potatoes thousands of times during their life. How crazy is that?
Anyway, these potato bits are almost as simple to make as a boiled potato – and perhaps even quicker to make. The dominant is the moroccan spice Za’atar. There is also olive oil involved, and of course salt. And when they are done, they are spicy little cubes of flavor.
You can make this as a side for any meal where you would have had boiled or mashed potato. This potato recipe can also be good option for a potluck meal or barbecue where you want to bring something different – but don’t have a ton of time to make a dish.
Za'atar Spiced Baked Potato BitesPrint This
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- Olive oil
- 5 tablespoons za'atar spice
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cube the potatoes. If they are organic, you can probably leave the skins on.
- Place the cubes into a saucepan and steam until almost soft. About 5 minutes.
- Push the potato cubes onto a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, enough to generously cover.
- Sprinkle on the za’atar and toss the cubes lightly if you feel that the za’atar is unevenly distributed.
- Place sheet pan into the oven and bake at a medium temperature until the cubes have browned, approximately 20 minutes.
- salt to taste, serve with your meal and enjoy. : )