This the best smoothie bowl I have ever come up with! Granted I do not make that many smoothie bowls, but I do make a fair amount of smoothies – and this bowl is just delicious. And I am not really tooting my own horn here as a smoothie bowl maker – the deliciousness factor is actually thanks to the gorgeous tang of the fresh pomegranate juice.
Oh and the other thing. This is a 3 ingredient bowl. Pomegranate juice, a cup of oats, and a 1/3 cup coconut oil. Really, really simple.
The last thing, quick note on the overnight oats smoothie bowl concept. I tried making overnight oats at some point, but I still found that even with the overnight soaking, the oats still tasted rawish to me. So I decided to blend the oats, the night before. This way they soak up more water in the finer state, and do not taste so raw. At least to me : D.
Here is my other overnight oats smoothie bowl style recipe if you want to take a look. I often feel weird posting simple recipes like this, because it seems like it is not complicated enough to be a recipe. But this seems to be a silly concept because this is one of my most popular recipes. : )
Let me know if you try this, and what you think of the flavor!
Pomegranate Overnight Oats Smoothie BowlPrint This
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup pure / fresh pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Optional: A handful of granola for topping
- The night before, combine the pomegranate juice and the oats. Blend until mainly smooth. If your oats is very absorbent, you might need to add a little extra pomegranate juice.
- Leave to stand overnight, covered.
- In the morning, add in the coconut oil and blend once more, or simply mix it in. Be sure to melt the coconut oil if it is in solid form. This is important, because if it is solid, even if you blend it in you will still get little ‘bits’ of hard oil, and the smoothie will not taste all smooth and creamy. Trust me – I have had this a few times, thanks to trying to shortcut the melting.
- Once you have incorporated the coconut oil, spoon the mix into a bowl, add a little granola for crunch factor if you like, and enjoy!