Happy Friday all!
Today I have a very basic ‘recipe’ or breakfast idea that is perfect for the weekend. It is as simple as breakfasts gets, but has a lazily decadent feel to it. Of course, you can make this any day of the week! wink wink ; P
Making raisin bread toast is also a great way to use up any raisin bread that may be left in the cupboard which might be about to get stale. Toasting the raisin bread freshens it up, and makes it smell and taste almost like it is freshly baked.
Seeing as it is the festive season, I had a feeling that there might be a few raisin bread loaves floating around out there – who need to get eaten. : )
You can top these raisin bread toasts with almost anything you like. I chose chopped fruit for this ‘recipe’ because it ensures that your breakfast contains a portion of fresh fruit, and the fruit goes perfectly with the crispy buttery-ness of the toast. To top it off I drizzled over some honey for a little extra sweetness, and sprinkled with cinnamon.
If you are vegan and what to veganize this toast recipe, do the following:
- Replace the honey with maple syrup
- Replace the butter with coconut oil or a vegan butter
If you are dairy intolerant, do the following:
- Replace the butter with coconut oil, coconut butter, or a lactose free butter of your choice
And that is all for now folks: ). Simple, easy, delicious lazy breakfast for your weekend. If you make this, and want to share, tag me on instagram @rebels.kitchenpics.
In the meantime, hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. Down here in the southern hemisphere it has become stinking hot…. typical christmas weather for this area. It is always quite odd (combined with jingly adverts), but we are enjoying it, swimming and drinking a beer on the veranda in dusks. Which is setting in shortly, so let me love you and leave you.
Have a lovely weekend. x
Raisin Bread ToastPrint This
- 2 slices of raisin bread
- Enough butter or coconut oil to spread generously onto the toasts
- 1 banana
- 1 small apple
- honey or maple syrup to drizzle
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- Slip the slices of raisin bread into the toaster.
- Thinly slice up the banana and apple.
- Once the raisin bread slices are toasted, butter liberally.
- Top with the fruit, either one for each toast or a mixture on each.
- Drizzle on honey or syrup to taste.
- Sprinkle on a dusting of ground cinnamon, serve and enjoy!